Traveling to Kenya? We understand you would like to know what it’s like during the pandemic. We have put together some information to guide you and give you an understanding of some procedures and safety protocols in place:
Is it safe to travel to Kenya for a Safari at the moment during COVID-19 pandemic?
Yes, we believe it is safe when all safety protocols in place have been adhered to. Kenya among other 80 destinations has been awarded the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travel Stamp.
Kenya has taken measures to ensure that the travelers continue visiting the country for their safaris and on business trips.
Do I have to present a PCR COVID-19 Certificate at the boarding gate when travelling to Kenya?
- A negative PCR Covid-19 certificate at the boarding gate is required for passengers terminating their travel in Kenya or passengers on transit through Kenya (JKIA). However, PCR test is not required for domestic travel within Kenya.
- All PCR COVID tests should be valid for 96 hours from the date the test is taken till arrival in Kenya.
Which countries are exempted from quarantine when entering Kenya?
Countries exempted from quarantine are updated on the Kenya Civil Aviation Authorities (KCAA) website. Use the link below for the latest information published. https://www.kcaa.or.ke/quarantine-exempted-states
The Screening process during entry involves:
- Screening using a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- Wearing masks is mandatory.
- Sanitization of your hands and luggage.
- You have to provide COVID-19 free certificate for verification.
- Visual observation of COVID-19 symptoms.
During an Entice Africa Safari:
- Our vehicles are fumigated before every safari and are also sanitized after every disembarkment.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes available for use inside the vehicle.
- Additional face masks available in the vehicle.
- The vehicle is allowed to carry a maximum of six guests only in line with the Ministry of Health guidelines. (Private tours only)
- We encourage our guests to use cashless payments.
Other Useful Travel Information:
- One can now apply for the Kenyan Visa online at least 7 days prior to your arrival date. Log on to https://accounts.ecitizen.go.ke/register/visitor to apply.